- Per Esri Glossary:
o An identifier assigned to a region or feature.
o A position defined by a coordinate value.
- Routable Location: In NG9-1-1, a PIDF-LO, represented as a civic location or geodetic location that contains enough detail for accurately routing a call to a PSAP serving the location.
- Dispatchable Location: NENA: A location determined by a telecommunicator that is derived from an ALI Response (in E9-1-1) or derived from a PIDF-LO (in NG9-1-1) represented as a civic location or geodetic location and sometimes modified after communication with a caller that contains enough detail for accurately dispatching emergency responders to a location.
- FCC Fourth Report & Order: A location delivered to the PSAP with a 9-1-1 call that consists of the street address of the calling party, plus additional information such as suite, apartment or similar information necessary to adequately identify the location of the calling party.
- Caller Location: A location provided in an ALI Response (in E9-1-1) or a PIDF-LO (in NG9-1-1), represented as a civic location or geodetic location, that identifies the location of the caller. In NG9-1-1, this is often the same as the routable location but may change during a 9-1-1 call. Civic Location: A location that represents a physical street address, landmark name, etc.
- Geodetic Location: A location that represents a geographic object such as a point, circle, arc-band or polygon.
- Emergency Response Location (ERL): A location to which a 9-1-1 emergency response team may be dispatched. The location should be specific enough to provide a reasonable opportunity for the emergency response team to quickly locate a caller anywhere within it.
- Registered Caller Civic Location: The civic address of the caller that is the result of registration by the customer or provisioning by the carrier.